Stress happens when the body and mind do not function well, independently or together. Stress sends out signals to our consciousness, that something needs attention. We have excluded some part of ourselves from participating in the body-mind structure. Stress is actually an agent of awareness.Tarthang Tulku
You now have the opportunity to develop your own awareness, knowledge, tools and experience to consistently transform stress as it appears in your life. A life with more flow, ease and focus awaits you.
“Developing mindfulness can educate us in a way that could never take place in a classroom, for the object of study is our inner nature. Each step of this process leads to greater self-knowledge, to a precise, observant quality that supports further self-discovery.
Life becomes an art, an expression of the flowing interaction of our bodies, minds, and senses with each experience in our lives. We can rely on ourselves to fulfill even our innermost needs and thus we become genuinely free
Practicing mindfulness develops our usual awareness to its most subtle level; with this awareness we can protect ourselves against being pulled off balance by our thoughts and emotions. By developing mindfulness, we can go beyond our usual dualistic ways of thinking. We contact a wider awareness that is not concerned with subject or object, an awareness beyond our cognitive understanding. This awareness is the best protection of all; through it our whole being protects itself naturally.”
Imagine that you could share this precious knowledge with others in your life by becoming a Mindfulness at Work/Transforming Stress into Well-Being trainer. This training is the place to discover this knowledge and gain the skills you need to transform stress, reduce suffering in your personal and professional life and learn how to best exercise your talents.
This 20 week course, offered periodically, is a unique opportunity to not only relieve your own stress but become an authorized trainer to help others do the same.
Interested students are invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about upcoming course offerings and ways to begin Skillful Means study and practice.
About the Program:
The program is structured in two parts:
Part One: Transforming Stress – Change the Program – 10 weeks
Part Two: Transforming Stress – Restoring Balance – 10 weeks
Part One: Restoring Balance – 10 weeks in 2015
- Wednesday – October 14th, 21st, 28th
- Wednesday – November 4th , 11th, 18th, 25th
- Wednesday – December 2nd, 9th and 16th
Part Two: Exercising Talents – 10 weeks in 2016
- Wednesday – January 20 – 27
- Wednesday – February 3 – 10 – 17 – 24
- Wednesday – March 2 – 9 – 16 – 23
All classes at 12:30 pm California Time
“In letting go of our belief that suffering (stress) is a necessary part of human life,
we can take a few steps forward…”
This view is based on the idea that human beings are whole and complete – nothing is lacking or missing.
To begin, you might ask yourself…
- Are you aware of signs of impending high levels of stress?
- Do you feel like you never have enough time?
- Do you ever wake up exhausted in the morning?
- Have you stopped enjoying your work?
- Have you lost your sense of lightness and humor?
- Is there suddenly a lack of meaning in your activities?
- Do interactions with others make you irritable or angry during the day?
- Do you feel the need to take a prolonged sabbatical or break from work?
This program will help you to…
- Understand the foundation of your well-being.
- Balance body, breath and mind.
- Understand the causes and conditions for stress.
- Regain balance under even the most trying circumstances.
- Relax in tension and deal with inevitable change.
- Be nourished by your own vitality.
- Increase enjoyment and appreciation of life.
You will explore ways to recharge, such as…
- Restoring your motivation and joy
- Balancing personal and professional life
- Balancing the breath
- Refreshing the senses
- On-going well-being of body and mind
- Deepening your concentration
Stress is a state resulting from accumulated tension, a contraction of energy. By releasing this contraction you will get abundance of energy. This is the power of stress transformed into well-being.
To prevent stress completely or to keep it from reaching a crisis point, you will learn practices and how to apply tools that will help you to constantly revitalize and enjoy what you do.
Requirements for Trainer Authorization:
- Attend 90% of all live webinar classes.
- Actively participate in the program by submitting written responses to homework questions as well a written summary of your experience working with specific assigned practices on a weekly basis.
- Successfully complete personal assessment calls, once every two weeks via Skype. This to ensure you are learning and integrating the material into your life.
Each lesson includes:
- Reading assignments
- A Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga practice
- One question related to the readings for you to contemplate and write about during the week.
- Practical weekly exercise to transform stress in daily life.
- A 60 minute live webinar to be recorded.
$1,000, includes twenty 60 minute live webinar classes, suggested daily practices for mindfulness at work and to transform stress, and suggested focus questions for the week as well as powerful reading assignments. For the main program $500 is due at registration and the remaining $500 is due by January 1st, 2016
Becoming an Authorized Trainer:
$1,000, includes twenty 60 minute live webinar classes, suggested daily practices for mindfulness at work and to transform stress, and suggested focus questions for the week as well as powerful reading assignments.
$500 for 10 coaching sessions. Coaching is required for those seeking to become authorized Transforming Stress into Well-Being trainers.
For trainers program $750 is due at registration and the remaining $750 is due by January 1st 2016